SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Your Expression of Interest should contain the following information:
1. MEASUREMENTS of HOST SPACE:
Please provide measurements of the space you propose as a host. These do not need to be professional architectural drawings, as long as they are drawn, readable and metric, and accurately describe the shape of the space.
While the most practical residency will be within the interior of an architectural form, please provide the external measurements if an exterior (or mixed interior/exterior) residency is more appropriate for your host space.
A host can be a single space or multiple spaces (eg multiple rooms and/or storeys). In the latter case, doors etc will be left open to provide the opportunity for the residency to extend into multiple rooms.
Measurements should be as detailed as possible, and where there are gaps in information, the SLR project will design a proposal on the basis of what is most likely given the other information provided.
For example, measurements of a conventional architectural interior should be a drawn plan which shows:
• width and length of the floor(s) - for each storey and for each individual room
• lengths and height of walls and distances between windows, doors etc
• height and width of windows, doors, indentations such as fireplaces etc, and their locations in relation to wall edges
• shape of ceilings (eg flat; if not flat, draw plan & side views with measurements)
• if multiple rooms or storeys: thickness of walls, width of space between storeys, size of openings between storeys for stairs, etc (most common or likely dimensions will be used if this is not provided)
• indicate angles if other than 90 or 180 degrees
• any other information needed to describe the shape of the particular space.
(Please check back to this page as we may discover additional things to list here.)
2. STARTING POINT for RESIDENCY:
Your preference(s) for a starting point and direction for the Straight-Line's residency. If these are not provided, we will determine them. (The length of the straight-line proposed for your space will depend on the interaction between the shape of the space, the location of the two end points of the line, and the line's initial direction.)
3. WHY YOU ARE PROPOSING THIS SPACE AS A HOST:
Please provide visual and written information that explains why you are proposing this space as a host. Please include its location and anything about its history and how it is occupied that helps explain its value to you. Text can be in any language (please provide your own English translation if possible). This can be provided in a text of any length, but will need to be maximum of 450 words when included in the on-line publication. (A picture of you in the space would also be great.)